SUBJECT: Session 6
The purpose of this email is to update you on the status of Session 6 classes (beginning July 13). Our University, based on guidance from local, state, and federal officials, has determined that a continued transition of face-to-face classes to an online learning environment for Session 6 is the safest path for our students, faculty and staff.
UIU is committed to accessible higher education and lifelong learning. We understand that online learning may present different challenges for those accustomed to face-to-face learning. A number of resources are available to help you achieve success:
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- NetTutor and Zoom Tutoring
- uiuLearn demonstration (used for online learning)
- Writing Center
- Additional Resources for UIU Online Students
- Other questions? Your academic advisor is happy to assist.
For those of you who have already been attending classes in the online environment, our faculty and staff have been inspired and delighted by your achievements and perseverance. We anticipate continued success.
Here are a few additional important reminders as you plan for your next session:
- ALL STUDENTS: Registration is currently open for Session 6 for all students. You are invited to reach out to your Academic Advisor if you need assistance with registration or have questions about the process.
- FAYETTE STUDENTS: If you have not already, you are reminded to register for Sessions 1 and 2. Please contact your advisor if you need assistance. Housing registration is also still available for summer and fall.
More information will be available soon for Session 1, which begins August 31. The University continues to work directly with public health officials to ensure that the way forward is done with the safety and well-being of all students in mind.
Thank you and be safe,
Dr. Gail Moorman Behrens
Dean, Andres School of Education
Upper Iowa University