The UIU Advantage
Upper Iowa University offers a variety of certificate programs designed to provide students an additional method to learn new skills in a specific area. This particular graduate certificate stems from the convergence of two trends in education:
- An increasing emphasis on literacy Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade – especially in the content areas; and
- The rapid growth of the roles of teachers as leaders.
The Literacy Coach graduate certificate is designed to prepare classroom teachers and teacher leaders to serve in literacy leadership roles. The goal is to provide leadership in effective instructional practices which result in improved achievement of PreK-12 students in diverse settings. This certificate targets those teachers who seek documentation of advanced skills in working with their peers to enhance reading achievement.
Literacy Coach Curriculum
- EDU 525 Content Area Literacy
- EDU 534 Instructional Coaching
- EDU 580 Best Practices in Literacy Intervention
- EDU 581 Administration in Literacy Programs
- EDU 589 Reading Specialist/Literacy Coaching Internship
Explore Your Program
Literacy Coach Courses
See course descriptions for the classes you need for your Literacy Coach graduate certificate.
Keep up with your academic program’s registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
A Certificate with Options
Use your certificate to enhance your career or as a head start towards a master’s degree. 94% of UIU graduates are employed or continuing their education within 6 months of graduation.
Ready to get started on your UIU Literacy Coach graduate certificate? We’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Go Further with a Master's Degree
Earned your certificate? Choose from UIU’s master’s degrees to advance your career even further.